Vittorio, also known as Father of the Day and Father of the Tigers or Day Father to Marmee Noir, is a millennia old vampire that was mentioned in passing in other books.
In Incubus Dreams Vittorio is presented as just another serial killer vampire, who goes after strippers and has left strings of bodies behind in several cities already. He kills many in St. Louis as well, and sets a trap to Anita and SWAT where they lose three people in a fight staged to appear as if Vittorio's kiss gets killed.
In Skin Trade it is revealed that he is far more powerful than he first seemed and he desires Anita, like so many other male characters, but he cannot have her due to the holy water damages he sustained and because she does not want him back. He has a ring that can control Jinns, and has the tiger as his animal to call.
He and Marmee Noir share a millennia-old history, where they ruled the world together as Mother of All Darkness and Father of the Day. They claimed they loved each other, but they both loved power more. Apparently, before becoming vampires, Marmee Noir could control the dead (as a necromancer) and Vittoria could control Jinns and the wind itself. They carried these powers over into their vampirism and Marmee noir said they used these powers to create armies of slaves. Vittorio had an army of Jinn and said Marmee noir had 'shambling hordes' or zombies. Vittorio was known as the Day Father and Father of the Tigers because he could call all weretigers and the golden tigers derived their powers from the sun and life itself and these powers could defeat vampires. Further, Vittorio was a daywalker (a power for which Marmee Noir always envied him), meaning that daylight and the powers of the golden weretigers could not hurt him . Marmee Noir feared that Vittorio's powers and those of the golden weretigers could kill her so she killed the last of the Yellow Clan's Queens in order to weaken Vittorio and then steal his powers (However; Marmee claims Vittorio would have struck the first blow had she not). Vittorio remarked the words that Marmee told him after she weakened him: 'If I were certain there was a hell, then I would kill you, so you could be tormented for eternity, but since I am not certain, I will leave you alive, to walk this earth, in your own private, powerless hell.' "
Nevertheless, Vittoria had slowly been regaining his powers over the years and with Marmee's awakening, he began to reclaim more and more of his powers. He found a ring that allowed him to better control the Jinn and began looking for more weretigers. He had time to do quite a bit of damage as well, including causing and feeding on the ardeur-fueled orgy inspired by Marmee Noir's past actions, where Anita is forced to have sex with Cynric, Domino, and Crispin (among other people). When Marmee's physical body was destroyed by bombs, Vittorio thinks her truly dead and absorbs some of his lost power. However, In Bullet it is revealed that although Vittorio believed Marmee Noir dead, she had actually sent her essence to the Vampire Council members. She also took his powers when he is killed by Anita.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Sourdre de Sang. Vittorio admits that at one point in history all vampires were descended from him and Marmee Noir.
- Psychic Projection. The same ability as possessed by the Mother of All Darkness.
- Animal to call. As his name suggest he can call and control weretigers. After Marmee Noir stole his powers he lost this ability, but as she began to fade in power he can again call tigers. After centuries of freedom his weretiger, Sebastian, was compelled to come and search for his former master.
- Daywalker. Another power that returned to him, was the ability to walk in the day.
- Mass Hypnosis. Although any vampire has the ability to roll or deep roll one or more humans, Vittorio could control hundreds of humans, and roll the minds of vampires up to three hundred years old. In Incubus Dream he had control over a small kiss of vampires, which he had rolled to share his pathology, but in Skin Trade he is able to take control of a large crowd of humans.
- Control of Jinns. He once had the power to control and conjure Jinn out of air. He lost this power when Marmee Noir stripped him of his powers, but with the help of a magic ring he can control the creatures again. The jinn hate and fear him. He is to their race what the bogeyman is to humans.
- He can hide his presence from powerful Masters of Cities. Neither Max nor Jean-Claude could detect him when he visited their cities.
- Can cause other vampires to awaken early.